Friday 9 May 2014

MMM14 - Week One

MMMay 14 got off to a slow start, but I've kept my pledge of 4 outfits per week. Here are some of the highlights. I've yet blog about some of these, but pics are just as good!



The Dets:

Week One - Day One - Anna dress, this yellow and black fabric started out life as a coffee date dress, I love the coffee date dress, but it just looked too frumpy for my figure. So this Anna dress is short, as I had to make it out of pre-cut fabric pieces (I hate wasting fabric),

Week One - Day Two - Flora/Anna frankenpattern. The bodice is an Anna and the skirt is a dipped hem Flora skirt. Made of Jersey this is the really comfortable dress....love, love, love!

Week One - Day Three - Can you guess it's a ....drum roll....Anna Dress, similar to Day One, this very stiff stretchy fabric started life as a circle skirt. The stifness of the fabric made it stick out directly from the hips, so I refashioned and re-cut the fabric in to an Anna tunic. I wear this was a cumber band type fabric belt.

Week One - Day Four - And now for something completely different! This spotty number is a Roxanne, I love this pattern, I've yet to attempt the amazing triple pleated collar which drew me to buy this pattern, but no fear, I have one planned for a future make.

Weekly Round up: I already wear many of my handmade makes, however I'm noticing gaps in some much needed wardrobe staples. Pants or trousers for one, I've been following the Collette series on Wardrobe Architect for some greatly appreciated inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment