Sunday 20 April 2014

The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him!

Since I started sewing last March (2013), Dolly Clackett blog posts have given me so much inspiration, I love the dresses Dolly Clackett creates, and she is a girl after my own heart, recreating time a time again a tried and tested fav pattern.

This is my entry for the Sew Dolly Clakett comp. A BHL Anna bodice with gathered skirt mash-up, first seen and copied here (I think Dolly's gathers look tidier than mine!). I also love this spotty version.



The Dets:

Pattern: By Hand London, Anna bodice, and gathered skirt, following Gertie's tutorial 

Size: Bodice Size UK 16, 45" fabric panels for skirt, front and back, 25" in length.

Fabric: Sateen (I think, I'm not great with fabrics, tend to reference this great blog post by Sleek Silhouette)

What did you change:I tried to add a slight drop hem at the back, not sure it really shows!

Would you make it again: I have, many times!

What do you love about this pattern: What's not to love!

Inspiration for this make: Dolly Clackett of course!

Movie or Series watched whilst cutting: Blu ray release Vanishing Point (epic road movie)


Album listened to whilst stitching: Zero 7, Simple Things.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, I picked this up for Arthur Toye in Wellington, NZ sadly it's one on many fabric stores that have since closed in Welly. BTW I'm fist pumping the air as I reply to my first comment, thanks again

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete