Friday 25 April 2014

Release the Kracken!

I'm all about jersey at the mo. I made this dress using the The Staple Dress pattern. I had much gratification with this one, as I finished it in a day, that's from cutting to hemming (there are few patterns I can say that about...well for my skills anyway!).

I picked up this fabric from Fabric-a-brac. The idea, is that if your stash of fabric is taking over your house, why not sell it to other fabric hoarders to enable their problem! I love it and try and make it to each sale that's in town, usually once or twice a year. 

This owl fabric kind of reminds me of Bubo in Clash of the Titans (81' movie of course!).






The Dets:

Pattern: The Staple Dress by April Rhodes

Size: Various - I traced size small around neckline, as it gaps on me, XL for the chest and graduated to XXL on the hips.


Fabric: Jersey

What did you change: omitted the shirring and opted for a belt instead from Mod Cloth

Would you make it again: Yep, the fitting of this dress gets better each time I make and tweak it!

What do you love about this pattern: Comfortable and I love the drop hem variation.

Inspiration for this make: Abbey from Sewcharleston, all her Staple Dresses are equally lovely.






No comments:

Post a Comment